Sunday 5 December 2004

Flight Performance and Planning Exam


Flying Hours Today 2:25, Total 13:50


Back to the flying school and time to sit the Flight Performance and Planning exam. I scored19 out of 20, an easy pass at 95%. The question I got wrong was directly due to a question that I had also got wrong in the PPL Confuser (fifth edition, the Green one). In the PPL Confuser practice exam the question is:

Why is full flap selected during the approach and landing phase of a flight?

  1. the safe flying speed is increased and a flatter approach path is achieved which improves vision.
  2. the approach speed is reduced and a steeper approach path flown which improves vision
  3. the approach speed is reduced and a flatter approach path flown which improves vision

I had answered the question with B. But the PPL Confuser claims the correct answer is C. A very similar question came up in the CAA exam and I went with the PPL Confuser "correct" answer, and got the question wrong! My instructor stated that my original answer was right and that the PPL Confuser is wrong - be warned!

We updated the technical log for the anti-collision lights and I also got good feedback from my instructor. Although I haven't gone solo yet I am advancing very well because of the extras we have packed in when we have been flying in poor conditions.

If I maintain this progress then I will be ready for my check flight well before the stipulated 45 hours. In that case I could use some of my lessons to move on to a night rating course and get qualified in that rating along with my PPL. This would be something I'd be interested in further down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment