Sunday 23 May 2004

Maintenance Cancellation

Flying Hours Today 0:00, Total 1:00


It is now three weeks since my first flying lesson. A perfect clear blue sky and so I set off to the flight school at the airport. I didn't take my cell phone with me. No need I thought - the sky being so good.


I arrived at the flight school with 10 minutes to spare before my 0900hrs lesson.


No one was there. I waited until just past the hour and then drove off to find a public phone to call up and enquire about my flying lesson.


Unfortunately the aircraft I was to use today is "having maintenance" and so is out of action. Another day lost, another opportunity to fly has passed me by.


I quickly drove to Multiflight, the other flight school at Leeds Bradford airport, and enquired about availability for a flying lesson today. Unfortunately there wasn't a single free slot today.


When I returned home I called Multiflight and booked a set of 3 lessons in June and July. Hopefully these will prove to be more fruitful - otherwise learning to fly will become a very long and fraught journey! I also manage to get through to Leeds Flying School and booked the 20th June.


So now I have a block booking of 4 consecutive weekends of flying lessons. But before they start I'm away on a touring holiday in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment