Sunday 15 August 2004

Hazy Cancellation

Flying Hours Today 0:00, Total 3:00

Today I woke up to CAVOK skies: clear blue directly above, with a slight early morning haze. At 0800hrs I set off to the airport. At the 1/2 way point I called in to confirm the lesson was on, which of course it would be. Imagine my disappointment to be told that the lesson was cancelled due to haze.


I pointed out the clear blue sky and, to his credit, the flying school chap did state he was 30 miles from the airfield in Sheffield so couldn't vouch for the weather.


Another lesson cancelled. Thats only 3 hrs flying through May, June, July and now mid August.


I returned home and at about 1400hrs received a voicemail on my mobile. It was a message from my instructor at 0902hrs that had taken 5 hours to get to me! He was apologetic and said that I had been given the wrong information and, if I got there soon, we could do the lesson. Unfortunately I was a bit too late on this one and so another Sunday was spent on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment